This rapidly growing BSI client is a grocery delivery company. Founded in 2012 by a former Amazon employee, this organization has partnerships with more than 350 retailers across 5,500 U.S. cities, in all 50 states.
This client contacted us for more information on our TaxProfileFactory™ solution. The client was experiencing challenges with their payroll tax onboarding and W-4 process.
- They were hiring 300 new associates every week, and because they were handling payroll tax onboarding manually this equated to a huge amount of man hours. The process was fraught with errors.
- They talked to another vendor and realized this vendor could assign a tax profile based on a live address, but not a work address. This did not meet the client’s requirements, especially in states like PA and OH, where the work address determines the employee local taxes needed.
- They needed a way for employees to complete their W-4 forms to have a tax profile to deliver to payroll – essential for a company experiencing rapid growth and employee turnover.
- They wanted the employees and the employer (their firm) to be notified when employee W-4s needed to be updated.
Based on the client’s concerns, BSI demonstrated how TaxProfileFactory can…
- Automate the determination of all payroll taxes and W-4 processing. The client’s payroll staff would no longer have to spend hours manually onboarding employees, and errors would be minimized.
- Decrease issues with incomplete or inaccurate local tax profiles due to TaxProfileFactory’s ability to discover payroll tax profiles based on live and work addresses.
- Deliver a tax profile to the client’s payroll system regardless of whether the employee completed a W-4 form.
- Report when a W-4 is not completed.