BSI is responsible for the personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and uses a third party to host the applications wherein that personal data is processed and stored. BSI complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the European Union and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, BSI is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, BSI may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
1. Information That Site Visitors Give Us: We may receive and store the information that you enter at our Site (such as name, email address, phone number, company name), provide to us on a webpage or give to us in any other way. This information is used primarily for such purposes as facilitating purchases, webinars, training or demonstrations, making white papers available, processing a user’s identification or password, collecting address and billing information, verifying identity or providing products, services or support. Information provided in resumes and applications is used to consider the eligibility of employment candidates for various job opportunities. In addition to the primary purposes for which this information is collected by BSI, we may also use such information to contact a user to confirm information related to an order, to advise of additional products or services in which a user may be interested, to obtain feedback on our products or the Site or to send promotional materials.
2. Automatic Information:
Cookies. Whenever you interact with the Site, we may receive and store certain types of information. For example, BSI may use information collected via “cookies” to, among other things, obtain information when your web browser accesses our Site, track general information about our users, for statistical and market research purposes, to determine how a user found out about BSI and our Site, to determine what a user’s interests are regarding our services and products and to determine how to further improve our Site, services and product offerings. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier that is transferred to your computer via your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive to establish a link between your computer and our Site. On most web browsers you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Other Third Party Tracking. BSI and our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, tags and scripts that help them better manage content on our site.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We do not tie the information gathered to our Clients’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
Local Storage. We use Local Storage to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage.
3. E-Mail Communications: BSI may also receive and store certain types of information to make the e-mails we send you more helpful and relevant to your interests. For instance, if your computer supports this functionality, we may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail we send you. We may also receive a confirmation when you follow a hyperlink from one of our e-mail messages to our Site.
- Upon your consent;
- To provide services to help us with our business activities such as email communications or providing customer support. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- When required by law, regulation, legal process, enforceable government request or to protect against imminent harm or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulation, legal process, enforceable government request or to protect against imminent harm;
- When necessary to enforce any agreements between us, including the investigation of any potential violations thereof; or
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
If BSI is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
BSI may share non-personal information with third parties. BSI, however, will at all times strive to collect and share only that information which we believe is minimally necessary to achieve BSI’s reasonable business purposes.
Upon request, BSI will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you want to review your own personal information, correct existing information, or remove your information, please contact BSI via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active and for 30 days thereafter or as needed to provide you services. If you request removal of your personal information, you acknowledge that residual information may continue to reside in BSI’s records and archives, and on its servers, but BSI will not use that information for commercial purposes. BSI reserves the right to maintain your personal information if BSI has suspended, limited or terminated your access to the Site for violating BSI’s Terms.
If you want to stop receiving e-mail from us, either click the “unsubscribe” link (if present) in the e-mail or e-mail us at email@example.com and type “unsubscribe”in the subject field.
INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE BSI PORTAL SERVICES
BSI collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. BSI acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. If you are a customer of one of our Clients that use our service and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please send your request to the Client you interact with directly. Also, queries related to access, or the correction, amendment, or deletion of inaccurate data, should be directed to the Client with whom you interact (the data controller). If the Client requests that BSI remove the data, we will respond to their request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
BSI utilizes an industry standard secure socket layer to secure the Site, the materials contained thereon and your personal information (such as login credentials). Unfortunately, BSI cannot guarantee that any data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while BSI will utilize its best efforts to protect and secure your personal information, BSI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you either transmit to BSI or that BSI receives from your use of BSI’s online products or services. Consequently, any transmission to BSI of your personal information, including your use of our online products or services, is at your own risk. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Business Software, Inc.
155 Technology Pkwy
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092-2913