Business Software, Inc. (BSI) is a leading provider of North American payroll tax filing, tax calculation, compliance onboarding and supporting solutions in the cloud. Leveraging more than 34 years of experience, BSI offers the largest array of solutions in the industry that are used by clients to process more than a half billion transactions annually. Thousands of organizations - including many of the world's best known companies - use BSI to minimize their compliance risks, reduce labor costs, maintain regulatory compliance, improve workforce productivity and increase employee satisfaction.
A History of Innovation
Since the company's inception in 1979, BSI has introduced several products that were “firsts” in the payroll tax management industry, including providing integrated payroll tax solutions.
- 1982 – BSI develops the first modern payroll tax calculation solution using a rule-based, data-driven structural design that reduces overall tax support costs.
- 1988 – BSI launches the first reciprocal payroll tax solution that can compute employee State, intrastate, locality and territory taxes for all resident and work tax jurisdictions.
- 1991 – BSI develops the first automated wage taxability assessment solution for payroll. This innovative product eliminates manual data entry along with the need to keep up with regulations.
- 1996 – BSI launches the first automated employee tax assignment solution for payroll that eliminates both manual tax look-up and data entry.
- 2001 – BSI announces the introduction of the first fully integrated wage attachment solution capable of automatically calculating any garnishment or levy for employee payroll taxes. This solution eliminated the need for, and the costs associated with supporting, a separate garnishment system.
- 2007 – BSI develops the first bundled payroll tax compliance solution that uses a rule-based, data-driven structural design to reduce overall compliance costs.
- 2009 – BSI develops BSI eFormsFactory – the first SaaS employee console specifically designed for maintaining W-4s, as well as viewing a range of key tax documents including W-2s, custom compliance onboarding forms and much more.
- 2011 – BSI is the first to offer bundled cloud-based payroll tax solutions for large/mid-sized business and small businesses.
The BSI Commitment
BSI is dedicated to providing superior integrated suites of payroll tax solutions. Our commitment to our customers is founded on four core principles:
- Product Innovation – We will continue to develop innovative products that address payroll tax filing, tax calculation, and compliance onboarding challenges faced by our customers and partners.
- Product Timeliness – We are committed to providing our customers with solutions that are accurate and reliable, employing dedicated researchers to stay abreast of legislative activity and analyze newly enacted payroll tax regulations so our solutions are constantly up-to-date.
- Product Support – We offer our customers the exemplary and responsive service they expect and deserve.
- Platform Support – We are committed to delivering products that are compatible with new platform technologies and will continue to adapt our solutions to meet changing requirements in existing technology platforms.
BSI is committed to continuing to provide integrated suites of payroll tax solutions.