Business Software, Inc. (BSI) offers industry-leading payroll tax calculation and payroll tax compliance solutions that help businesses meet ever-changing tax regulations and compliance standards while improving payroll efficiency and reducing costs. BSI solutions offer innovative, scalable technology; integration with internal payroll systems; on-demand (SaaS) or on-premise versions (or both); and Federal, State, local and territory payroll tax coverage to payroll vendors, service bureaus, service providers and individual organizations.
A History of Innovation
Since the company's inception in 1979, BSI has introduced several products that were “firsts” in the payroll tax compliance industry, including providing integrated payroll tax solutions.
- 1982 – BSI develops the first modern payroll tax calculation solution using a rule-based data-driven structural design that reduces overall tax support costs.
- 1988 – BSI launches the first payroll reciprocating tax solution that can compute employee State, intrastate, locality and territory taxes for all resident and work tax jurisdictions.
- 1991 – BSI develops the first automated wage taxability assessment solution for payroll. This innovative product eliminates manual data entry along with the need to keep up with regulations.
- 1996 – BSI launches the first automated employee tax assignment solution for payroll that eliminates both manual tax look-up and data entry.
- 2001 – BSI announces the introduction of the first fully integrated wage attachment solution capable of automatically calculating any garnishment or levy with employee payroll taxes. This solution eliminated the need for, and the costs associated with supporting, a separate garnishment system.
- 2007 – BSI develops the first bundled payroll tax compliance solution that uses a rule-based data-driven structural design to reduce overall compliance costs.
- 2009 – BSI develops BSI eFormsFactory – the first SaaS employee console specifically designed for maintaining W-4s as well as viewing a range of key tax documents including W-2s, custom employer forms and much more.
- 2011 – BSI is the first to offer both bundled and a la carte SaaS payroll tax solutions for large/midrange business and small businesses respectively. The a la carte options allow customers to reduce their cost of ownership by selecting and paying for only the solutions they need now and adding others later to meet the changing needs of their business.
The BSI Commitment
BSI is dedicated to providing superior integrated payroll tax solutions. Our commitment to our customers is founded on four core principles:
- Product Innovation – We will continue to develop innovative products that address the payroll tax compliance challenges faced by our customers and partners.
- Product Timeliness – We are committed to providing our customers with solutions that are accurate and reliable, employing dedicated researchers to stay abreast of legislative activity and analyze newly enacted payroll tax regulations so we can keep our solutions constantly updated.
- Product Support – We will offer our customers the exemplary and responsive service they expect and deserve.
- Platform Support – We are committed to delivering products that are compatible with new platform technologies and will continue to adapt our solutions to meet changing requirements in existing technology platforms.
BSI is committed to continuing to provide integrated payroll tax solutions.